10 Important Considerations Before You Follow Jesus
- Be willing to obey and submit.
- Be prepared to endure hardship.
- Be ready to see the ugliness of your sin.
- Know that the world will not always accept you.
- Be willing to step outside your comfort zone.
- Prepare to be held accountable.
- Accept him at his word.
More items…•Aug 1, 2016
How do I follow Jesus path?
5 things to keep in mind about following God’s path for your life
- 2) Submit your whole self to God and trust Him a) James 4:7-8 Submit yourselves, then, to God.
- 3) Pray and spend time with God.
- 4) Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal it to you then listen and obey.
- 5) Protect yourself from the words of others-
How do I start following God?
God sees you, He hears you, and He answers your prayers.
Following God’s Plan for Your Life:
- Be in prayer. A way to know that you are following God’s plan for your life is by being in prayer.
- Be actively reading in the Word.
- Follow the commands He puts on your heart.
- Seek a godly community.
- Obey the Truth.
What happens when you follow Jesus?
When we follow Jesus, we have peace with God. “Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:1. Jesus transforms us from being enemies of God to being reconciled to God. Through Jesus, we are justified or put in right standing with God.
How can I walk with Jesus everyday?
Walking daily in intimacy with Jesus Christ
- Begin each day in prayer. Spend time praising God and thanking Him for all He has provided to you.
- Have a daily quiet time. Allocate some time each day to spend with God.
- Study God’s word daily. God has left us with the instruction manual for life, the Bible.
How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
Salvation doesn’t come from our good deeds or by doing anything special, it’s a free gift from God just because He loves us so much. We need to turn away from our sins, believe that Jesus is God’s Son and our Savior, and submit to Him as Lord of our lives. By doing so, we receive salvation and eternal life.
How do you let God lead you?
Ways To Seek God’s Will And Let God Lead
- Spend time in your Bible.
- Pray – pray and keep praying, ask people you know that are believers to join you in praying.
- Find people who are strong Christians that will speak with Godly wisdom into your life.
How do I start a relationship with Jesus?
So, how should you begin to develop a deeper relationship with God?
- Spend time with him through prayer and by reading his word.
- Talk to God everywhere.
- Develop a relationship with others.
- Listen to God’s voice and practice obedience to his word.
- Be Willing to Trust Him with your heart.
What did Jesus mean by follow me?
Jesus’ call to follow him is more than an invitation to pray a prayer. It is a summons to lose your life and find new life and ultimate joy in him.
What does God promise if we obey him?
God has made incredible promises and has linked them to our obedience, it’s the “if,” and “then,” promises of the Bible. If we obey what He says, then He promises that He’ll save us, watch over us, take care of us, and give to us our needs.
How do I walk closer with Jesus?
4 Ways You Can Come Closer to Jesus Christ
- Read about Jesus in the scriptures.
- Worship Him.
- Serve others.
- Follow His teachings.
What does a relationship with Jesus look like?
Jesus calls us “friend” in the Bible (John 15:15). A relationship with Him is a relationship of intimacy and security, of being totally known and totally accepted. It is not a relationship of equals, however. Jesus is fully God as well as fully man, and as such He remains Lord of heaven and Earth.
How do I give my heart to God?
- Ask God to Help You Draw Closer to Him.
- Evaluate Why You Could Not Give Time to God in the Past.
- Decide to Repent and Turn Away from the Sins.
- Confess Your Sins to the Lord, and Ask Him to Help You Change.
- Decide to let go of all unforgiveness.
- Contemplate on God’s Grace and Goodness.
How do I let go of fear and trust God?
Overcome Fear God’s Way: Pray
The Bible instructs us to “[not] worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done” (Philippians 4:6, NLT). Not only are we taught to not worry or fear, but we are also told what to do instead of worrying: pray.
How do you let go of trust and control God?
Worry often comes from trying to control things you really don’t have much control over. In Matthew 6, Jesus teaches us how to let go of these kinds of worries: change your priorities. If you make God’s kingdom and your relationship with him your first priority, God promises to cover everything you need.
What does God want most from us?
He does expect us to love God with all our heart, soul, strength and mind. To love others as we love ourselves, and love others as Jesus loved us. Those are the do’s and don’ts. God has given us the rulebook for living together on this planet.
What does God do for us daily?
God cleans us up by taking our sins away from our life and making us a new creature in Christ, but every day He works on us to make us what we need to be for him in this life. I have many flaws in my life, but God daily helps me to change these flaws and to become the man that he desires me to be.
How can I build a strong relationship with God?
Here are five ways you can strengthen your relationship with God every single day.
- Prayer. Our human relationships grow and develop through communication—and our relationship with God is the same.
- Bible Reading.
- Serving Others.
What is a true relationship with God?
GOD MADE US IN HIS OWN IMAGE
For this reason, man is a personal, spiritual being with a moral sense of right and wrong, and he has the ability to worship, love and communicate. Knowing the only True God means having an intimate, personal relationship with Him – not just knowing about Him.
How do I live a new life?
How to Start a New Life
- Always Learn Something New.
- Take Steps to Face Your Fears.
- Maintain a Meaningful Social Circle.
- Find Healthy Ways to Cope With Anxiety.
- Become Part of a Movement.
- Take Ownership.
- Pay Attention to Your Dreams.
- Unplug to Tap Into Creativity.
How can I thank God?
In the bible, Psalms 22: 37, 38, Jesus told us to love Jehovah our God with our whole heart, soul, and mind. So the best thing you can give him to let him know how thankful you are is your heart. Obey his commandments and tell him in prayer that you are thankful.
What are the 5 acts of worship?
In corporate acts of worship, fixed prayers, confessions, ritual acts, processions, and participation by empathy in the acts of the leader of worship all enrich the individual’s own worship.
How do I pick up my cross daily?
To “take up our cross,” however, means to lay our strengths aside. It means to lay our “ego strength” aside. Taking up our cross means, instead, picking up those weaknesses that we so often try to run away from in life.
How do you cross yourself?
How do you do the sign of the cross? What is the correct way to cross yourself? To “cross yourself,” take your right hand and put your thumb, index, and middle finger together. In Western Christianity, you then touch your forehead, the center of your chest, your left shoulder, and your right shoulder.
How do you walk in obedience to God?
4 Steps for How to Walk in Obedience to God
- Choose to walk in Obedience to God. How we use our days and time is really up to us.
- Walk in Obedience to God: Take Charge of Your Thoughts.
- Fear God and Trust Him.
- Walking in Obedience means to Obey God, Not Man.
How can I be guided by the Holy Spirit?
How to Begin
- “Seek heavenly guidance one day at a time.
- “Sincere desire and worthiness invite the spirit of revelation into our lives.”
- “(1) Sincerely desire to receive the Holy Ghost, (2) appropriately invite the Holy Ghost into our lives, and (3) faithfully obey God’s commandments.”
How do you walk by faith and not by sight?
Martin Luther King Jr. said, “Faith is taking the first step, even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” Those are some of the truest words I have ever heard! In this way, “Walk by faith, not by sight” means, even though you might not be able to see where you’re going, you keep moving!
How do you walk in wisdom?
Position yourself around wise people.
Proverbs 13:2 (NLT) presents it like this, “Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” Take a look at the people you surround yourself with, your friends and companions – are they filled with a desire to live a wise and godly life?
How do I strengthen my walk with Jesus?
Table of Contents
- Believe in the God of transformative moments.
- Be honest about your faith.
- Change the way you deal with guilt.
- Ask God for help.
- Transform your relationship with God so you can inspire others.
How can I draw near to God?
How to Draw Near to God
- Receive Jesus. Receiving Jesus into your life is the first step to getting closer to the Lord.
- Study the Bible. Studying the Bible is essential if you want to grow closer to God.
- Pray. Prayer is how we communicate with God.
- Worship and Praise Him.
- Trust Him.
- Have Faith.
- Get Involved.
What is the Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit is one of the most elusive and difficult themes in Christian theology,… The definition that the Holy Spirit was a distinct divine person equal in substance to the Father and the Son and not subordinate to them came at the Council of Constantinople in ce 381, following challenges to its divinity.
What does friendship with Jesus mean to you?
To be a friend of Jesus is to share and bear the intimate knowledge of God’s love and passion for the world. It is to share in what God is doing and how God is doing it.
What is the prayer to accept Jesus?
Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I believe You died for my sins. Right now, I turn from my sins and open the door of my heart and life. I confess You as my personal Lord and Savior.
How do I turn away from sin?
Everyone feels the urge to sin at some point in their life, but you can avoid that temptation by planning ahead, focusing on positive behaviors, and staying faithful. To prepare yourself for temptation, spend some time reflecting on your past and the personality traits that lead you to temptation.
What God wants in our hearts?
It is so beautiful to know that God cares about every detail of our lives and He wants to know about what is important to us. “Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.” God wants us to pour out our hearts to Him in prayer.
What are signs that God is talking to you?
9 Signs God is Speaking to You
- He speaks through the Bible.
- A particular Bible verse keeps coming back to you.
- You feel like a sermon or specific scripture is intended for you.
- You feel uneasy about something, leading you to prayer.
- He speaks through His church.
- There is an unexplainable conviction about something.
How do I know when God is speaking to me?
This can happen through prayer, contemplation and/or time in the Bible. We begin to discern God’s voice over the noise of our world as we give time to these disciplines. The Holy Spirit begins speaking to us. We begin to hear God through those around us, circumstances and even our conscience.
How do I change my thoughts biblically?
Joshua 1:7-8 is a perfect example of how to change your mindset: 1) be strong and courageous, 2) be careful to obey the Bible, 3) do not turn from the Bible to the left or right, 4) do no let the Book of the Law depart from your mouth, and 5) meditate on the Word of God day and night.
How do I stay in God’s word?
7 Tips for Staying in God’s Word This Summer
- Wake up early. Just a little bit early.
- Study on the go. When you’re hitting the pool or driving out of town, take a Bible study with you.
- Involve the kids.
- Memorize Scripture.
- Use your phone.
- Take off the pressure.
How do I pray without worrying?
A Prayer to Heal Stress
Loving God, please grant me peace of mind and calm my troubled heart. My soul is like a turbulent sea. I can’t seem to find my balance so I stumble and worry constantly. Give me the strength and clarity of mind to find my purpose and walk the path you’ve laid out for me.